Here’s a sweet spring treat that is the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon cup of tea! It is also a nice appetizer to bring to a party or potluck lunch, and you can easily scale it up or down as needed.
– 6 white pita bread rounds
– 6 tbsp butter, melted
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 2 tsp white sugar
– 2 cups strawberries, finely diced
1. Preheat oven to 350oF.
2. Using kitchen scissors, cut pita in half across the diameter. Then peel the pita halves apart at the edges. One pita round will divide into 4 half circles.
3. Mix cinnamon and white sugar in a small bowl.
4. Brush melted butter onto the inside of each pita half circle. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture
5. Use kitchen scissors to cut each half circle into 4 triangles.
6. Arrange triangles in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn.
7. Dice strawberries finely, place in a small bowl, and sprinkle a bit of white sugar on top if you like.
8. Arrange pitas on a plate with the strawberry salsa nearby, and serve.