The title of this recipe sounds far more fancy and complicated than it actually is!
The less elegant version of the title could be “Salad on a Toothpick”, because that’s what I think of when enjoying these little bites of intense summer flavour!
– Bocconcini cheese balls (you can usually find them in the deli section of most supermarkets, or at an Italian supermarket)
– Cherry tomatoes
– Bunch of basil leaves
– ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- If you have regular-sized bocconcini cheese instead of the mini sized ones, cut each cheese ball into quarters.
- Wash tomatoes and basil and pat dry.
- Using toothpicks as skewers, put a tomato, a basil leaf, and a piece of cheese on each toothpick. Make as many as you like!
- Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Heat on medium low until the vinegar has a slightly syrupy consistency.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction on a plate. Layer skewers on top of the vinegar reduction.
- To eat, dip skewer in a bit of balsamic reduction sauce and enjoy!
Happy summer entertaining,